Updated October 03, 2012 14:35
The Oregon Cup is a year-long points series for senior men.
- Senior 1/2 Men
- Events selected by OBRA Oregon Cup Committee based on Race Selection Criteria (below)
- There is not a minimum number of races to qualify
- Cash Prize List – 5 deep for men
Prizes awarded at the annual OBRA Banquet
Leaders and champions jerseys will be awarded.
The OBRA Oregon Cup Committee will conduct ongoing outreach to potential sponsors and media.
Free entry to OR Cup events for OR Cup leaders.
Lower category riders competing in Senior Men races will receive
points unless their category is picked separately. Lower-category riders do
still count in individual race placings -- if a lower category rider finishes
ahead of a higher category rider, the higher category rider does not move up
in their placing.
Only yearly OBRA members are eligible for the Oregon Cup. People who only
purchase one-day licenses will not be counted.
- The most first place finishes or, if still tied, the most second place finishes, etc., or if still tied;
- The highest placing in the last race, or the race nearest the last race in which at least one of the tied riders placed.
|Race Selection Criteria
- No more than eight events.
- Primarily road races. Criteriums will be used as needed to fill schedule.
- Road Race Difficulty Balance - Balance degree of difficulty based on hills vs. flat, distance, etc.
- High Profile Event - Well advertised in advance both with membership and media. High likelihood of commercial sponsorship.
- Geographically Balanced - Southern, central and northwest Oregon based on membership representation.
- Historically Significant - History of success over many seasons.
- Demonstrated Participation - Popular event and/or venue.
- Seasonally Balanced - Monthly, if possible, March through September.
- Quality Venue/Promotion - Highest standards for promoters and OBRA.
Questions? Contact Steven Beardsley.