A quick reminder that tomorrow we are hosting our special Junior & Newbie Short Track Night presented by Bike Gallery!
Here is the deal:
- All newbie short track racers (who have never raced in the Portland Short Track Series before) will enjoy $10 off the regular day-of-race fee. So newbie adult racers get to race for $15 and junior newbies for just $5!
- In addition, OBRA will waive the $5 one-day OBRA license fee for anyone who is not a current OBRA member!
- Finally, we will raffle off a bunch of cool prizes - donated by Bike Gallery and our other generous sponsors - among all junior and newbie short track racers who come out to race!
As usual, we will host FREE short track skills clinics (from 5 to 6pm), which this week will feature 8-time Elite Men series winner Shannon Skerritt as guest instructor (alongside regular Wenzel Coaching instructors Elaine Bothe and - 2016 Elite Men Champ - Andrew Coe).
For the young and little ones, there will be FREE kids races (starting at 6:00pm).
And, like every week, our food station will feature FREE Dave's Killer Bread PB&J sandwiches!
More details: http://www.portlandracing.com
A couple other updates I like to pass along:
1) Last week's photos, results & weekly raffle winners:
- Latest batch of race photos by our amazing series photographer Victor Duong: https://flic.kr/s/aHskXskBtB
- Results of last week STXC # 2: http://obra.org/events/25229/results
- The 30 lucky winners in our weekly raffle: http://www.portlandracing.com/weekly-raffle.html
2) Series standings, team standings & call-up list for tomorrow's races:
- Series standings have been posted on OBRA at http://obra.org/events/25230/results
- Call-Up List for tomorrow's races: http://www.portlandracing.com/call-up-list-2017-06-19.html
Note: starting tomorrow, we will do priority call-ups in each category for the top-5 racers in the series standings, followed by the series pass holders.
- Also keep an eye on the ongoing battle in our friendly team competition (http://obra.org/events/25689/results), where Metropolis Cycle Repair has taken a sizeable lead over runner-up Team Oregon and longtime Short Track stalwards Cyclepath Racing, Rebound/Tirelss Velo, Camas Bike & Sport, and Lazy Tarantulas.
3) Mark your calendars and get ready for the Six Hours of Mt Hood - Sunday July 2!
In just two weeks, we are taking a mid-series break from Short Track and head up to the Skibowl Mountain Resort for another epic day of MTB solo and relay endurance racing at the Six Hours of Mt Hood, presented by Sellwood Bicycle Repair (http://www.portlandracing.com/6hrs).
To get an idea of how much fun this race and the course is, just check out the photos from last year's edition at https://flic.kr/s/aHskCULjD1
And while you're at it, pre-register online (at http://www.portlandracing.com/6hrs/registration.html) to get your name added to the call-up list and receive a free 6 Hrs pint glass!
BTW: the Six Hours course is in great shape (thanks to a snowy winter) and all trails we will use are clear of snow! And - new this year and per Erik Tonkin's special request - solo riders will get to do an extended loop with about 400' of extra climbing (a gradual climb up Low Road) and a flying singletrack descent down Gnar-Gnar. More details to be posted soon!
That's it! We're looking forward to seeing you - and your friends - at PIR tomorrow to bring on the summer with another great evening of Short Track fun.