Re: mt hood meadows pass

natevit@gmail.com

September 30, 2009 at 5:12 AM

For info sake the Mt. Hood Ski Patrol in combination with the West Linn Snow board Team is holding a ski swap at the West Linn High School. October 9-10 and Meadows will have a booth there for ski passes. It is expected people will show up hoping to make groups on site. Fusion will also have a booth there and I think both will have things set up to take the photos. So it may be worth checking out. I know there is a web site for the swap.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

-----Original Message-----
From: obra-request@list.obra.org

Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:00:01
To:
Subject: OBRA Digest, Vol 45, Issue 33

Send OBRA mailing list submissions to
obra@list.obra.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
obra-request@list.obra.org

You can reach the person managing the list at
obra-owner@list.obra.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of OBRA digest..."

Today's Topics:

1. WTB: Giant TCR Medium frame/fork or entire bike.. (Joe Tysoe)
2. Mountain Bike (Ryan Kalez)
3. ultegra 9 speed cassette (Trevor O'Neal)
4. FS: Ultegra Crankset $35 (Greg O'Brien)
5. Twilight Crit / OBRA Crit Champ photos uploaded (Pat Malach)
6. OT-Meadows 4x4 passes (Lynne Cuevas)
7. Re: This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - Team Oregon
andTheraputic Associates (Ron and Dorothy Strasser)
8. Blind Date at the Dairy - Cross Series Updates (Joseph A. Field)
9. Re: OT-Meadows 4x4 passes (Ken MTBDEMON)
10. WTB: Rollers or Trainer (Max Kirchoff)
11. Gear reviews from Interbike (Ayleen Crotty)
12. Bar Mitts for Winter training and Commuting (Jeff Tedder & Shari)
13. Re: FS: Ultegra Crankset $35 SOLD (Greg O'Brien)
14. Help a brother out - Borrow a 54cm for Alpenrose? (Erik Voldengen)
15. bamboo bike racks available (Jeff Henderson)
16. Re: This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - Team Oregon
andTheraputic Associates (VeloSki Tours Netbook)
17. FS: Shimano Road Cranks / Rings (gary johnson)
18. Re: This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - TeamOregon
andTheraputic Associates (Ron and Dorothy Strasser)
19. Bend - Wed Night Rides @ Phil's Trailhead - 6:30 (Henry Abel)
20. Sharing the Road WAS: RE: This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides
- TeamOregonandTheraputic Associates (Susan Otcenas)
21. FS:Ritchey WCS 4 axis stem (110 x 31.8) (jesse bolling)
22. Spin Gym??? (Joe King)
23. Re: Spin Gym??? (Slate Olson)
24. Re: Spin Gym??? (david baker)
25. Re: Spin Gym??? (Jeff Tedder & Shari)
26. Re: Spin Gym??? (ronfrerichs@hotmail.com)
27. Re: Spin Gym??? (Russell @ Upper Echelon Fitness)
28. Re: Spin Gym??? (sbohaboy@comcast.net)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:23:52 -0700
From: Joe Tysoe
Subject: [OBRA Chat] WTB: Giant TCR Medium frame/fork or entire bike..
To: OBRA
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Looking for an older round tubed aluminum bike (frame/fork is fine) or if
you have an entire bike you'd entertain selling that's something too.
Lemme know.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:23:57 -0700
From: Ryan Kalez
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Mountain Bike
To: obra@list.obra.org
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

I'm looking for a Mountain BIke within the 150 to 300$ price range. I'm looking for a bike built for around 6'3" 170 lbs. Something with front shocks. I specially like specialized, especially the Hardrock series. Let me know.

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:36:57 -0700
From: "Trevor O'Neal"
Subject: [OBRA Chat] ultegra 9 speed cassette
To: obra
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Looking for Ultegra 9 speed cassette and front chain ring. Need soon!!
Trevor
503-960-4955
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:50:20 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
From: Greg O'Brien
Subject: [OBRA Chat] FS: Ultegra Crankset $35
To: obra
Cc: Cyclisme list
Message-ID:


Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

FC-6500 for Octalink bottom bracket (bb not included). Good condition, 172.5 arms. 42/53 chainrings. 53 ring shows some wear, 42 is excellent.

$35, in SE Portland near 28th & Stark.

Greg

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:03:55 -0700
From: Pat Malach
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Twilight Crit / OBRA Crit Champ photos uploaded
To: obra@list.obra.org
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Months in the making, the long-awaited, highly anticipated photo galleries for The Portland Twilight Criterium and the OBRA Criterium Championships are now posted online.

You can find a link @ http://www.oregoncyclingaction.com/

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:10:25 -0700
From: Lynne Cuevas
Subject: [OBRA Chat] OT-Meadows 4x4 passes
To: obra@list.obra.org
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Hi there,
I am pondering a pass for Meadows this year. Are there any peeps interested?

Lynne

------------------------------

Message: 7
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:32:50 -0700
From: "Ron and Dorothy Strasser"
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - Team
Oregon andTheraputic Associates
To: , "Jeff Tedder & Shari"

Cc: Adam Edgerton , obra@list.obra.org
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

I agree that Sauvie Island is not the best route for a large group. I have ridden out there since the early seventies and have to admit that the last time I rode my bike out there was some warm up for Kruger's Cyclocross race last year. The main thing I would point out about the narrow roads on the island is that they are used for agriculture equipment, including produce trucks. It is harvest time and trucks are moving on and off the island. This includes Saturdays. Fresh pack produce is harvested as efficiently as possible. This means time is money. The other aspect this time of year is the increasing number of city folk going out to visit the pumpkin patches at the farms etc. On the other hand... most drivers, if not distracted by cell phones, alcohol or other activities do expect bike riders on the loop. When I ride out there I go straight out on the levy instead of turning right just past Kruger's. It ends (gate might be closed) where it turns to gravel and you
have to return the same way, but you are getting to ride along the channel most of the way and see alot of wildlife. We used to be able to ride mountain bikes out on all the neat dirt roads out there in the wildlife area (past gate), but the rules changed. Now you cannot ride your bike, but you can go in and shoot the wildlife in the fall and winter. Bikes are just too dangerous and disruptive.
There is an offbeat 2cents worth.
ron
----- Original Message -----
From: jonnyg48@comcast.net
To: Jeff Tedder & Shari
Cc: Adam Edgerton ; obra@list.obra.org
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - Team Oregon andTheraputic Associates

I'll give my 2 cents since I routinely ride out to Sauvie Island. I have to agree with Jeff that there are better places to take potential new teammates, especially if they are newbies. I'm not entirely new to riding and I can speak from experience that traffic on Hwy 30 can be very disconcerting at times, especially when semis rumble by within a few feet at 50+ mph. And the "bike lane" isn't always very wide. So for large groups it's definitely not ideal. Then there's riding on Sauvie Island itself. Although most drivers give bicyclists a wide berth, not all do, and nobody tends to slow down. A couple weeks ago I was nearly grazed by a van that passed me at probably 50 mph. Not very much fun! It's well known that a lot of people on the island don't really like the cyclists out there, so if you're trying to get new riders interested in joining a team why not take them on some less traveled and quieter routes?
Just more food for thought.
Jon
Hammer Velo
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Tedder & Shari"
To: "Adam Edgerton" , obra@list.obra.org
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:49:17 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - Team Oregon andTheraputic Associates

Just my 2 cents but why does the Meet the Team ride have to go to Sauvies Island, it's been known for years that people on the island don't like cyclists and then with the bad accident on the women's combined MTT ride last weekend, it just does not make sense to me.....Taking huge groups out there and trying to ride 2 abreast so you can talk about the teams plus throwing in Hwy 30 as social ride just does not add up???? Our MTT ride was exactly 2 hours with a good share of it on wide paved paths off main roads so no traffic.....out and around North Portland.....and when we were on the road it was for very short periods....It gave everyone a chance to chat with team members for almost 2 hours of riding, everyone loved it, maybe a few of them that came can chime in and give there opinions, but it was a very safe course for 40 or 50 people to be on versus Hwy 30 and Sauvies Island. Not saying this has to be the course but anything other than Hwy. 30 and Sauvies would be a bett
er option....But like you know....everyone has an opinion : ) and this is mine, our MTT ride was huge success last weekend so we are done for this year....Thanks to everyone that came out...

See ya
Jeff
Hammer Velo

essage -----
From: Adam Edgerton
To: obra@list.obra.org
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:30 PM
Subject: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - Team Oregon andTheraputic Associates

This upcoming Saturday, October 3rd, there are two more Meet the Teams rides happening. If you're a racer looking to join a team or a newer rider interested in racing, please come out, ask questions, and see if you'd like to join a team. These are relaxed-pace, conversational rides, and no one will be left behind.

At 9:30AM, Team Oregon (www.teamoregon.org) will be meeting at Grand Central Bakery in NW Portland (2249 NW York Portland, OR 97210). Team Oregon is one of the state's largest amateur racing teams. I joined Team O at the beginning of this year, and it has been a great experience. We are an open team (all are welcome to join), and we have riders in all racing categories from beginner to elite racers who race primarily road, track and cyclocross. We focus on making the sport of cycling accessible to all riders and helping them meet their goals.

At 9:45AM, The women's team from Theraputic Associates Inc./Genr8 (www.taicycling.com) will be meeting - also at Grand Central Bakery. Theraputic's women's team is a group of category 1-2-3 racers who focus on many of the bigger road races in Oregon. They're looking to add women in all categories, but experienced racers looking to join a team are particularly encouraged to check them out. If you didn't make the women's ride last week, come out and join their ride this weekend.

Both rides will be the same loop that many of the other meet the team rides are using - approximately 35 miles out around Sauvie Island and back. Bring a road bike and helmet and be sure to wear clothing appropriate for the weather conditions. Thanks again to Grand Central Bakery for providing coffee and a light snack before the ride.

If you have any questions, please contact me at adam@adamedgerton.com.

For the full list of this year's Meet the Team rides, please visit http://www.obra.org/teams/meet_the_team.html

Thanks,

Adam Edgerton
Meet the Teams Coordinator
adam@adamedgerton.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
OBRA mailing list
obra@list.obra.org
http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org

_______________________________________________ OBRA mailing list obra@list.obra.org http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
OBRA mailing list
obra@list.obra.org
http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:29:02 -0700
From: "Joseph A. Field"
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Blind Date at the Dairy - Cross Series Updates
To: "OBRA"
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Updates: Cyclocross Race 2 in the Blind Date Series is tomorrow. The
full schedule for our Wednesday night series is below. Mother Nature
has added a bit of rain which will soften up and slow down the course.
We're adding 10 bright lights and some course grooming too!
To avoid lines for yourself and your fellow racers at the registration,
please carefully read the following:
Exact Change: Please try to bring exactly $15 with you or fill out your
check in advance. Make checks payable to fieldkic, LLC. Juniors pay
$8.
Race Number: Remember to bring your Blind Date race number from last
Wednesday with you. Due to our combined race categories, we do not use
OBRA cross numbers.
Season Pass: If you signed up for all four races, you can pre-register
the day before your race by sending me a brief email with your name,
your Blind Date race number and the word "preregister" on it. If you
take these steps, you will not need to come to registration. This is
only available for our frequent flyers who signed up and paid in advance
for all 4 Blind Date races. I will respond to your email with
confirmation that you are pre-registered.
Registration for your Second Date: If you raced last week and if you
have your race number with you, please come to Alpenrose's velodrome
registration area (same as last week) and find the appropriate
registration line for your race. You do not need to give us another
OBRA release. We have an excellent group of volunteers committed to
getting you through the line quickly.
First Time Blind Daters: If you did not race last week, you will need a
race number and OBRA Release. We will have a separate line for people
who did not race last week. Please download and fill out your OBRA
release and bring it to the race. Please conspicuously write your Blind
Date race category on the form (and not your OBRA membership number or
OBRA road or cross bib number). Here's a link to the form:
http://www.obra.org/pdfs/waiver.pdf
Reminder: All paved road surfaces at Alpenrose are open for warming up.
All manicured lawns, gardens, ball fields, flower gardens, paved
walkways through lawns and gardens etc. are strictly off limits.
Likewise, all of Alpenrose's bleachers are off limits to bicycle riding.
Please respect that people live and work at Alpenrose Dairy and prefer
not to have us riding on their lawns, consuming alcohol on their premise
or otherwise disturbing them. Alpenrose Dairy and the Cadoneau family
are extremely kind to allow us to race our bikes on their premises and
have spent thousands of dollars on special lighting for the Blind Date
series. In addition to respecting the premise, please drink lots of
Alpenrose milk!
Race Categories: Due to the fact that most of us have work or school
before the races and again early the next morning, we have fewer fields
than weekend cross events. Here are our race categories and schedule:
5 pm Kiddie cross & Toddler Cross
5:10 pm Juniors 10 - 18,
6 pm
1. Mens's C (beginner, masters C and senior C combined)
2. Women's B (masters senior women B combined)
3. Women's Beginners (open and masters combined)
6:50 pm
1. Men's B (masters and senior men's B combined)
2. Single Speed
7:45 pm Men's A and Women's A (masters and senior fields combined)
Visit the Blind Date website for further info: www.crossseries.com

Thanks! - Joe & Tony
++++++++++++++++++++++
Joseph A. Field
Field Jerger LLP
621 SW Morrison, Suite 1225
Portland, Oregon 97205
503.228 9115 (phone)
503.225.0276 (fax)
joe@fieldjerger.com
Visit us on the web at: www.fieldjerger.com

The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.
Any U.S. tax advice contained in the body of this e-mail was not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by the recipient for
the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the Internal
Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:

------------------------------

Message: 9
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:43:23 -0700
From: "Ken MTBDEMON"
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] OT-Meadows 4x4 passes
To: , "Lynne Cuevas"
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

I would be and I have one and possibly two others who are as well.
----- Original Message -----
From: Lynne Cuevas
To: obra@list.obra.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:10 PM
Subject: [OBRA Chat] OT-Meadows 4x4 passes

Hi there,
I am pondering a pass for Meadows this year. Are there any peeps interested?

Lynne
_______________________________________________
OBRA mailing list
obra@list.obra.org
http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:

------------------------------

Message: 10
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:47:46 -0700
From: Max Kirchoff
Subject: [OBRA Chat] WTB: Rollers or Trainer
To: obra@list.obra.org
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Looking to pickup some rollers or a NOT SO noisy trainer.

I can ride the rollers, however my girlfriend cannot, so rollers with
a fork mount would be GREAT!

Let me know what you have OBRA.

Thanks.

Max Kirchoff
http://www.maxmeansmore.com
http://www.maxisnow.com

------------------------------

Message: 11
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:15:14 -0700
From: Ayleen Crotty
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Gear reviews from Interbike
To: obra@list.obra.org
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed

Interbike featured a ton of new products, and if you're a gearhead you
want to see them. We're running our Gearheads Geek Out series this
weekend on Saturday + Sunday. We'll be feeding you gear reviews from
Interbike from a variety of sources across a spectrum of cycling
disciplines, some mtb and a lot of racing.

You can check it out on the ORbike site or through Twitter:
Twitter.com/ORbike.

9am-4pm Saturday and Sunday.

Enjoy, geek out!

Team ORbike

--
Ayleen Crotty
ORbike.com // 503.459.4508
Dedicated to promoting cycling in Oregon
Online Registration // Blog // Newsletter // Membership Discount Program

------------------------------

Message: 12
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:16:00 -0700
From: "Jeff Tedder & Shari"
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Bar Mitts for Winter training and Commuting
To:
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Good afternoon everyone, some of you know me and some don' but I am giving all OBRA members a chance to buy Bar Mitts at a team discount....Also any friends and family that are bike commuters etc, they work great for that as well...

I am taking orders for Bar Mitts, winter is coming and several people are using these in the Portland area now for winter riding...
They work great and now there is a version for Sram and new Shimano with hidden cables....also Mtn. Bike/Commuter bars as well...I am offering up a discount to all local Portland Groups....Retail is 64.95, the team deal will be 50.00 a pair....

Check out the website www.barmitts.com

Any questions let me know, I do have a few pairs in stock now but will be placing a large order soon on pre-ordered Mitts...

Also any of you guys that are Hammer Nutrition Users let me know, I stock the full line of products and deliver around town....

Thanks

Jeff Tedder
Solid Core Training
Hammer Nutrition Products
www.solidcoretraining.com
www.portlandpace.com
503-473-7650
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:

------------------------------

Message: 13
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 18:28:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Greg O'Brien
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] FS: Ultegra Crankset $35 SOLD
To: obra
Cc: Cyclisme list
Message-ID:


Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8

Crankset is sold.

-----Original Message-----
>From: Greg O'Brien
>Sent: Sep 29, 2009 3:50 PM
>To: obra
>Cc: Cyclisme list
>Subject: [OBRA Chat] FS: Ultegra Crankset $35
>
>FC-6500 for Octalink bottom bracket (bb not included). Good condition, 172.5 arms. 42/53 chainrings. 53 ring shows some wear, 42 is excellent.
>
>$35, in SE Portland near 28th & Stark.
>
>Greg
>_______________________________________________
>OBRA mailing list
>obra@list.obra.org
>http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
>Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org

------------------------------

Message: 14
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:24:12 -0700
From: Erik Voldengen
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Help a brother out - Borrow a 54cm for Alpenrose?
To: obra@list.obra.org
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

A former Portlander who has been banished to the dark realm of Minnesota is
coming to town to check out the Cross Crusade series opener.
He rides a 54cm bike and races Cat 3, which I believe roughly translates to
the Bs. Perhaps given the Minnesota exchange rate, he'd race Cs. I dunno.

I will keep looking myself, but if anyone has something he could ride,
please let me know.

Thanks!

-Erik
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:

------------------------------

Message: 15
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 04:41:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jeff Henderson
Subject: [OBRA Chat] bamboo bike racks available
To: obra@list.obra.org
Cc: sheila.taormina@gmail.com
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hi folks,

Sheila Taormina, the only athlete to compete in three different sports (swimming, triathlon, and modern pentathlon) in the Olympics, is coming to Portland in mid-October to put on clinics for local athletes. She will be bringing eight bike racks made out of bamboo that she built upon retirement from competition, when she thought she was going into the race production business.

As she didn't end up in that line of work, she would like to sell the racks. I suggested that perhaps a bike club or team could use them, maybe as a place to put your bikes during the cyclocross season. They are each 6' long, with a 3" diameter on the top tube. She is asking $100 for each rack section.

Contact her directly if interested: sheila.taormina@gmail.com.

kind regards,
Jeff

------------------------------

Message: 16
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 04:49:17 -0700
From: "VeloSki Tours Netbook"
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - Team
Oregon andTheraputic Associates
To:
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Hey all in OBRA land,

Interesting that in Portland, Oregon it is still deemed essential to hide
from traffic if you want to ride a bike safely. While scouting new routes
for my very popular Nice-to-Pisa cycle-tour I spoke with numerous bike
shops, hotels and riders in Italy about the best roads for riding. The
almost universal response was something like, "This is Italy, we share the
roads." And amazingly that is exactly the experience that I share with all
of my guests too.

It is common to find riders 2-abreast chatting and riding along country
roads or city streets with cars, trucks and buses accommodating the
cyclists; passing only when it is safe and passing in a safe non-threatening
manner too. Imagine riding 2-abreast out Skyline or up Rocky Point without
getting harassed or hampered in your enjoyment of a beautiful ride and
beautiful scenery; pretty hard to imagine for most Oregon cyclists. But,
that is exactly what draws me back to Europe to ride every summer and to
share the experience with anyone who wants to join one of my tours; a
culture that respects everyone's use of the roads, whether driving, riding
(bicycle or motorbike), herding or walking.

Keep pedaling and smiling--it is the best cycletherapy.

Lawrence Smith
V?loSki Sports
www.veloski.com
tours@veloski.com
+33 6 26 20 6958 France mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: T. Kenji Sugahara [mailto:kenji@obra.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 9:23 AM
To: jonnyg48@comcast.net
Cc: Adam Edgerton; obra@list.obra.org; Jeff Tedder & Shari
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - Team Oregon
andTheraputic Associates

Open to suggestions. If you have any, please coordinate with Adam.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 8:08 PM, wrote:
> I'll give my 2 cents since I routinely ride out to Sauvie Island. ?I have
to
> agree with Jeff that there are better places to take potential new
> teammates, especially if they are newbies. ?I'm not entirely new to riding
> and I can speak from experience that traffic on Hwy 30 can be very
> disconcerting at times, especially when semis rumble by within a few feet
at
> 50+ mph. ?And the "bike lane" isn't always very wide. ?So for large groups
> it's definitely not ideal. ?Then there's riding on Sauvie Island itself.
> ?Although most drivers give bicyclists a wide berth, not all do, and
nobody
> tends to slow down. ?A couple weeks ago I was nearly grazed by a van that
> passed me at probably 50 mph. ?Not very much fun! ?It's well known that a
> lot of people on the island don't really like the cyclists out there, so
if
> you're trying to get new riders interested in joining a team why not take
> them on some less traveled and quieter routes?
> Just more food for thought.
> Jon
> Hammer Velo
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jeff Tedder & Shari"
> To: "Adam Edgerton" , obra@list.obra.org
> Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:49:17 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
> Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - Team Oregon
> andTheraputic Associates
>
> Just my 2 cents but why?does the Meet the Team ride have to go to Sauvies
> Island, it's been known for years that people on the island don't like
> cyclists and then with the bad accident on the women's combined MTT ride
> last weekend, it just does not make sense to me.....Taking huge groups out
> there and trying to ride 2 abreast so you can talk about the teams plus
> throwing in Hwy 30 as social ride just does not add up???? Our MTT ride
was
> exactly 2 hours with a good share of it on wide paved paths off main roads
> so no traffic.....out and around North Portland.....and when we were on
the
> road it was for very short periods....It gave everyone a chance to chat
with
> team members for almost 2 hours of riding, everyone loved it, maybe a few
of
> them that came can chime in?and give there opinions, but it was a very
safe
> course for 40 or 50 people to be on versus Hwy 30 and Sauvies Island. Not
> saying this has to be the course but anything other than Hwy. 30 and
Sauvies
> would be a better option....But like you know....everyone has an opinion :
)
> and this is mine, our MTT ride was huge success last weekend so we are
done
> for this year....Thanks to everyone that came out...
>
> See ya
> Jeff
> Hammer Velo
>
>
> essage -----
>
> From: Adam Edgerton
> To: obra@list.obra.org
> Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:30 PM
> Subject: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - Team Oregon
> andTheraputic Associates
> This upcoming Saturday, October 3rd, there are two more Meet the Teams
rides
> happening.? If you're a racer looking to join a team or a newer rider
> interested in racing, please come out, ask questions, and see if you'd
like
> to join a team.? These are relaxed-pace, conversational rides, and no one
> will be left behind.
>
> At 9:30AM, Team Oregon (www.teamoregon.org) will be meeting at Grand
Central
> Bakery in NW Portland (2249 NW York Portland, OR 97210).? Team Oregon is
one
> of the state's largest amateur racing teams.? I joined Team O at the
> beginning of this year, and it has been a great experience.? We are an
open
> team (all are welcome to join), and we have riders in all racing
categories
> from beginner to elite racers who race primarily road, track and
> cyclocross.? We focus on making the sport of cycling accessible to all
> riders and helping them meet their goals.
>
> At 9:45AM, The women's team from Theraputic Associates Inc./Genr8
> (www.taicycling.com) will be meeting - also at Grand Central Bakery.
> Theraputic's women's team is a group of category 1-2-3 racers who focus on
> many of the bigger road races in Oregon.? They're looking to add women in
> all categories, but experienced racers looking to join a team are
> particularly encouraged to check them out.? If you didn't make the women's
> ride last week, come out and join their ride this weekend.
>
> Both rides will be the same loop that many of the other meet the team
rides
> are using - approximately 35 miles out around Sauvie Island and back.?
Bring
> a road bike and helmet and be sure to wear clothing appropriate for the
> weather conditions.? Thanks again to Grand Central Bakery for providing
> coffee and a light snack before the ride.
>
> If you have any questions, please contact me at adam@adamedgerton.com.
>
> For the full list of this year's Meet the Team rides, please visit
> http://www.obra.org/teams/meet_the_team.html
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam Edgerton
> Meet the Teams Coordinator
> adam@adamedgerton.com
>
> ________________________________
>
> _______________________________________________
> OBRA mailing list
> obra@list.obra.org
> http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
> Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org
>
> _______________________________________________ OBRA mailing list
> obra@list.obra.org http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra Unsubscribe:
> obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org
> _______________________________________________
> OBRA mailing list
> obra@list.obra.org
> http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
> Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org
>
>

------------------------------

Message: 17
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:23:17 +0000
From: gary johnson
Subject: [OBRA Chat] FS: Shimano Road Cranks / Rings
To:
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"

Morning Obra,

Cleaning the garage in time for cross:

Dura Ace crankset Octalink FC-7700 39/52 172.5 mm arms - $70.00 obo
Ultegra crankset Octalink FC-6500 38/48 170 mm arms - $50.00

130 BCD chainrings to fit your five hole road crank :

Full Speed Ahead 42T black anodized 7075-T6 aluminum with lazer etched logo - new condition - $20.00
Sugino 40T silver - new in packaging no ramps or pins - $15.00
Shimano 38T used, no ramps or pins - $10.00

I'll be at Alpenrose Sunday.
Thanks for looking!


_________________________________________________________________
Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web. Try Bing? now
http://www.bing.com?form=MFEHPG&publ=WLHMTAG&crea=TEXT_MFEHPG_Core_tagline_try bing_1x1
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:

------------------------------

Message: 18
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:31:09 -0700
From: "Ron and Dorothy Strasser"
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides -
TeamOregon andTheraputic Associates
To: ,
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
reply-type=original

I think you assume too much about Portland. It is a fine place to ride.
People are just talking about taking the extra steps to make a social ride
more safe if possible. I (and I assume many others) think it is great how
people view cyclists in Europe, but this is NOT Europe. It is Oregon. It
is a great place to ride bikes both on and off road. But like any place
else on the planet (including Europe), it could be better or worse.
Enjoy your tours. Sounds like you are very fortunate.
ron
----- Original Message -----
From: "VeloSki Tours Netbook"
To:
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:49 AM
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - TeamOregon
andTheraputic Associates

> Hey all in OBRA land,
>
> Interesting that in Portland, Oregon it is still deemed essential to hide
> from traffic if you want to ride a bike safely. While scouting new routes
> for my very popular Nice-to-Pisa cycle-tour I spoke with numerous bike
> shops, hotels and riders in Italy about the best roads for riding. The
> almost universal response was something like, "This is Italy, we share the
> roads." And amazingly that is exactly the experience that I share with
> all
> of my guests too.
>
> It is common to find riders 2-abreast chatting and riding along country
> roads or city streets with cars, trucks and buses accommodating the
> cyclists; passing only when it is safe and passing in a safe
> non-threatening
> manner too. Imagine riding 2-abreast out Skyline or up Rocky Point
> without
> getting harassed or hampered in your enjoyment of a beautiful ride and
> beautiful scenery; pretty hard to imagine for most Oregon cyclists. But,
> that is exactly what draws me back to Europe to ride every summer and to
> share the experience with anyone who wants to join one of my tours; a
> culture that respects everyone's use of the roads, whether driving, riding
> (bicycle or motorbike), herding or walking.
>
> Keep pedaling and smiling--it is the best cycletherapy.
>
> Lawrence Smith
> V?loSki Sports
> www.veloski.com
> tours@veloski.com
> +33 6 26 20 6958 France mobile
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: T. Kenji Sugahara [mailto:kenji@obra.org]
> Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 9:23 AM
> To: jonnyg48@comcast.net
> Cc: Adam Edgerton; obra@list.obra.org; Jeff Tedder & Shari
> Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - Team Oregon
> andTheraputic Associates
>
> Open to suggestions. If you have any, please coordinate with Adam.
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 8:08 PM, wrote:
>> I'll give my 2 cents since I routinely ride out to Sauvie Island. I have
> to
>> agree with Jeff that there are better places to take potential new
>> teammates, especially if they are newbies. I'm not entirely new to riding
>> and I can speak from experience that traffic on Hwy 30 can be very
>> disconcerting at times, especially when semis rumble by within a few feet
> at
>> 50+ mph. And the "bike lane" isn't always very wide. So for large groups
>> it's definitely not ideal. Then there's riding on Sauvie Island itself.
>> Although most drivers give bicyclists a wide berth, not all do, and
> nobody
>> tends to slow down. A couple weeks ago I was nearly grazed by a van that
>> passed me at probably 50 mph. Not very much fun! It's well known that a
>> lot of people on the island don't really like the cyclists out there, so
> if
>> you're trying to get new riders interested in joining a team why not take
>> them on some less traveled and quieter routes?
>> Just more food for thought.
>> Jon
>> Hammer Velo
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "Jeff Tedder & Shari"
>> To: "Adam Edgerton" , obra@list.obra.org
>> Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:49:17 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
>> Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - Team
>> Oregon
>> andTheraputic Associates
>>
>> Just my 2 cents but why does the Meet the Team ride have to go to Sauvies
>> Island, it's been known for years that people on the island don't like
>> cyclists and then with the bad accident on the women's combined MTT ride
>> last weekend, it just does not make sense to me.....Taking huge groups
>> out
>> there and trying to ride 2 abreast so you can talk about the teams plus
>> throwing in Hwy 30 as social ride just does not add up???? Our MTT ride
> was
>> exactly 2 hours with a good share of it on wide paved paths off main
>> roads
>> so no traffic.....out and around North Portland.....and when we were on
> the
>> road it was for very short periods....It gave everyone a chance to chat
> with
>> team members for almost 2 hours of riding, everyone loved it, maybe a few
> of
>> them that came can chime in and give there opinions, but it was a very
> safe
>> course for 40 or 50 people to be on versus Hwy 30 and Sauvies Island. Not
>> saying this has to be the course but anything other than Hwy. 30 and
> Sauvies
>> would be a better option....But like you know....everyone has an opinion
>> :
> )
>> and this is mine, our MTT ride was huge success last weekend so we are
> done
>> for this year....Thanks to everyone that came out...
>>
>> See ya
>> Jeff
>> Hammer Velo
>>
>>
>> essage -----
>>
>> From: Adam Edgerton
>> To: obra@list.obra.org
>> Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 7:30 PM
>> Subject: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - Team Oregon
>> andTheraputic Associates
>> This upcoming Saturday, October 3rd, there are two more Meet the Teams
> rides
>> happening. If you're a racer looking to join a team or a newer rider
>> interested in racing, please come out, ask questions, and see if you'd
> like
>> to join a team. These are relaxed-pace, conversational rides, and no one
>> will be left behind.
>>
>> At 9:30AM, Team Oregon (www.teamoregon.org) will be meeting at Grand
> Central
>> Bakery in NW Portland (2249 NW York Portland, OR 97210). Team Oregon is
> one
>> of the state's largest amateur racing teams. I joined Team O at the
>> beginning of this year, and it has been a great experience. We are an
> open
>> team (all are welcome to join), and we have riders in all racing
> categories
>> from beginner to elite racers who race primarily road, track and
>> cyclocross. We focus on making the sport of cycling accessible to all
>> riders and helping them meet their goals.
>>
>> At 9:45AM, The women's team from Theraputic Associates Inc./Genr8
>> (www.taicycling.com) will be meeting - also at Grand Central Bakery.
>> Theraputic's women's team is a group of category 1-2-3 racers who focus
>> on
>> many of the bigger road races in Oregon. They're looking to add women in
>> all categories, but experienced racers looking to join a team are
>> particularly encouraged to check them out. If you didn't make the women's
>> ride last week, come out and join their ride this weekend.
>>
>> Both rides will be the same loop that many of the other meet the team
> rides
>> are using - approximately 35 miles out around Sauvie Island and back.
> Bring
>> a road bike and helmet and be sure to wear clothing appropriate for the
>> weather conditions. Thanks again to Grand Central Bakery for providing
>> coffee and a light snack before the ride.
>>
>> If you have any questions, please contact me at adam@adamedgerton.com.
>>
>> For the full list of this year's Meet the Team rides, please visit
>> http://www.obra.org/teams/meet_the_team.html
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Adam Edgerton
>> Meet the Teams Coordinator
>> adam@adamedgerton.com
>>
>> ________________________________
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> OBRA mailing list
>> obra@list.obra.org
>> http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
>> Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org
>>
>> _______________________________________________ OBRA mailing list
>> obra@list.obra.org http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
>> Unsubscribe:
>> obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org
>> _______________________________________________
>> OBRA mailing list
>> obra@list.obra.org
>> http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
>> Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org
>>
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> OBRA mailing list
> obra@list.obra.org
> http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
> Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org
>

------------------------------

Message: 19
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:00:23 -0700
From: Henry Abel
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Bend - Wed Night Rides @ Phil's Trailhead - 6:30
To: obra@list.obra.org
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

Our own MeanTodd has been leading a weekly night ride that meets at Phil's Trailhead.

We roll out right at 6:30PM each Wednesday.

Could be pretty cold tonight so dress warm and make sure your light is charged!

WebCyclery does have a demo Light & Motion Seca 700 that you can borrow. Email MeanTodd@WebCyclery.com if you'd like to reserve the light for our wednesday night ride - or another night for your own ride.

Thanks,

Henry Abel
henry@webcyclery.com
---------------------------------------------------
WebCyclery.com & WebSkis.com
550 SW Industrial Way
Suite 20
Bend, Oregon 97702
541-318-6188

------------------------------

Message: 20
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:00:06 -0700
From: "Susan Otcenas"
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Sharing the Road WAS: RE: This Saturday: Meet the
Teams rides - TeamOregonandTheraputic Associates
To:
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"


>>It is common to find riders 2-abreast chatting and riding along country roads or city streets with cars, trucks and buses accommodating the cyclists; passing only when it is safe and passing in a safe non-threatening manner too. Imagine riding 2-abreast out Skyline or up Rocky Point without getting harassed or hampered in your enjoyment of a beautiful ride and beautiful scenery; pretty hard to imagine for most Oregon cyclists.

My apologies if I've misunderstood what you were trying to say here, but...

I would like to point out that SHARING goes both ways. Sharing the road with motorists does not mean we should ride two abreast and chat if it impedes traffic on country roads. SHARING should mean we respectfully give way to a faster passing vehicle when it comes upon us riding two abreast, and that that same vehicle is patient and gives us the chance to do so without buzzing us, harassing us or runnning us off the road.

SHARING shouldn't "hamper" our enjoyment of a beautiful ride. Mutual respect for one another should *enhance* that beautiful ride.

Sharing is a give and take amongst all roadway users.

***********************************************
Susan Otcenas
Team Estrogen, Inc.
www.TeamEstrogen.com
877-310-4592
***********************************************
Follow our TE fan page on Facebook!
Look for "teamestrogen.com"
***********************************************

-----Original Message-----
From: obra-bounces@list.obra.org [mailto:obra-bounces@list.obra.org] On Behalf Of VeloSki Tours Netbook
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:49 AM
To: obra@list.obra.org
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] This Saturday: Meet the Teams rides - TeamOregon andTheraputic Associates

Hey all in OBRA land,

Interesting that in Portland, Oregon it is still deemed essential to hide from traffic if you want to ride a bike safely. While scouting new routes for my very popular Nice-to-Pisa cycle-tour I spoke with numerous bike shops, hotels and riders in Italy about the best roads for riding. The almost universal response was something like, "This is Italy, we share the roads." And amazingly that is exactly the experience that I share with all of my guests too.

It is common to find riders 2-abreast chatting and riding along country roads or city streets with cars, trucks and buses accommodating the cyclists; passing only when it is safe and passing in a safe non-threatening manner too. Imagine riding 2-abreast out Skyline or up Rocky Point without getting harassed or hampered in your enjoyment of a beautiful ride and beautiful scenery; pretty hard to imagine for most Oregon cyclists. But, that is exactly what draws me back to Europe to ride every summer and to share the experience with anyone who wants to join one of my tours; a culture that respects everyone's use of the roads, whether driving, riding (bicycle or motorbike), herding or walking.

Keep pedaling and smiling--it is the best cycletherapy.

Lawrence Smith
V?loSki Sports
www.veloski.com
tours@veloski.com
+33 6 26 20 6958 France mobile

------------------------------

Message: 21
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:26:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: jesse bolling
Subject: [OBRA Chat] FS:Ritchey WCS 4 axis stem (110 x 31.8)
To: obra listserv
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Ritchey WCS 4 axis stem. 110mm x 6 degrees, 31.8, black. Mounted then decided to go with something different. $40. Will be at the Thrilla on thurs and Alpenrose on sun.

Jesse

------------------------------

Message: 22
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:32:24 -0700
From: Joe King
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Spin Gym???
To: obra , teamoregon@yahoogroups.com
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Okay, I've had this idea forever, but really don't have them means to
do anything with it. So maybe someone else can take the ball and run
with it.

Portland needs a real Spin Gym! With all the cyclists and all the
rain, we need somewhere to go.

A place where there's a bunch of spin bikes some tvs and that's about
it. Sure, there could be all sorts of the simulated racing machines
and whatnot, but really just a place to sit on a spin bike and watch a
blazers game would be solid gold. Maybe charge a monthly membership,
maybe by the visit, there's a bunch of ways it could be structured to
make $$$.

Last year I searched like crazy, and there isn't anywhere in town that
just has an area devoted to spin bikes, where you can just come in, on
your own time, and bang out some intervals.

If anyone knows of such a place or wants to start one, get me in the
loop! I'll even work at the snack bar!

Thanks,
Joe King
joe@pdxwheels.com

------------------------------

Message: 23
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:40:19 -0700
From: Slate Olson
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] Spin Gym???
To: Joe King
Cc: obra , teamoregon@yahoogroups.com
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"; Format="flowed";
DelSp="yes"

Not that inside with a Blazer game doesn't sound fabulous, but might I
suggest a more interesting solution: http://www.rapha.cc/rain-jacket/

Slate
On Sep 30, 2009, at 11:32 AM, Joe King wrote:

> Okay, I've had this idea forever, but really don't have them means to
> do anything with it. So maybe someone else can take the ball and run
> with it.
>
> Portland needs a real Spin Gym! With all the cyclists and all the
> rain, we need somewhere to go.
>
> A place where there's a bunch of spin bikes some tvs and that's about
> it. Sure, there could be all sorts of the simulated racing machines
> and whatnot, but really just a place to sit on a spin bike and watch a
> blazers game would be solid gold. Maybe charge a monthly membership,
> maybe by the visit, there's a bunch of ways it could be structured to
> make $$$.
>
> Last year I searched like crazy, and there isn't anywhere in town that
> just has an area devoted to spin bikes, where you can just come in, on
> your own time, and bang out some intervals.
>
> If anyone knows of such a place or wants to start one, get me in the
> loop! I'll even work at the snack bar!
>
> Thanks,
> Joe King
> joe@pdxwheels.com
> _______________________________________________
> OBRA mailing list
> obra@list.obra.org
> http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
> Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org

Slate Olson
General Manager, North America

R A P H A
Performance Roadwear
www.rapha.cc
www.rapha.cc/continental
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

slate.olson@rapha.cc
T 503.206.3087
M 503.703.4830
F 503.206.3855

3811 N. Mississippi ? 2nd Floor
Portland, OR 97227
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential and/or
legally privileged information and is intended solely for the
addressee.If it has been sent to you in error, please reply
immediately to advise the sender of the error and then destroy the
message, any copies of the message and any printout of the message. If
you are not the intended recipient of the message, any unauthorized
dissemination, distribution or copying of the material in the message
and any attachments to this message, is strictly forbidden.

Rapha Racing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales
Number 4849594; Reg Office: 28 Lynton Road, London NW6 6BL

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:

------------------------------

Message: 24
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:44:55 -0700
From: "david baker"
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] Spin Gym???
To: "Joe King" , "obra" ,

Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
reply-type=original

And hook up generators to the bikes to supplement the electrical use at the
club.
Keep track of the kilowatt hrs produced individually and have a chart on the
front wall showing monthly leaders of kilowatt production. Sliding scale
monthly rates based on previous month's output.
And the Blazers could devote a section of seating to spin bikes at the
games.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe King"
To: "obra" ;
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:32 AM
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Spin Gym???

> Okay, I've had this idea forever, but really don't have them means to
> do anything with it. So maybe someone else can take the ball and run
> with it.
>
> Portland needs a real Spin Gym! With all the cyclists and all the
> rain, we need somewhere to go.
>
> A place where there's a bunch of spin bikes some tvs and that's about
> it. Sure, there could be all sorts of the simulated racing machines
> and whatnot, but really just a place to sit on a spin bike and watch a
> blazers game would be solid gold. Maybe charge a monthly membership,
> maybe by the visit, there's a bunch of ways it could be structured to
> make $$$.
>
> Last year I searched like crazy, and there isn't anywhere in town that
> just has an area devoted to spin bikes, where you can just come in, on
> your own time, and bang out some intervals.
>
> If anyone knows of such a place or wants to start one, get me in the
> loop! I'll even work at the snack bar!
>
> Thanks,
> Joe King
> joe@pdxwheels.com
> _______________________________________________
> OBRA mailing list
> obra@list.obra.org
> http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
> Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org
>

------------------------------

Message: 25
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:45:49 -0700
From: "Jeff Tedder & Shari"
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] Spin Gym???
To: "Joe King" ,
Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
reply-type=original

I have hard core Interval classes all year around at PACE...every Wednesday
night....right in the center of town....I am rushing out the door but can
get you info later....Let me know...

Jeff Tedder
Solid Core Training
Hammer Nutrition Products
Hammer Velo
www.solidcoretraining.com
503-473-7650
riginal Message -----
From: "Joe King"
To: "obra" ;
Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:32 AM
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Spin Gym???

> Okay, I've had this idea forever, but really don't have them means to
> do anything with it. So maybe someone else can take the ball and run
> with it.
>
> Portland needs a real Spin Gym! With all the cyclists and all the
> rain, we need somewhere to go.
>
> A place where there's a bunch of spin bikes some tvs and that's about
> it. Sure, there could be all sorts of the simulated racing machines
> and whatnot, but really just a place to sit on a spin bike and watch a
> blazers game would be solid gold. Maybe charge a monthly membership,
> maybe by the visit, there's a bunch of ways it could be structured to
> make $$$.
>
> Last year I searched like crazy, and there isn't anywhere in town that
> just has an area devoted to spin bikes, where you can just come in, on
> your own time, and bang out some intervals.
>
> If anyone knows of such a place or wants to start one, get me in the
> loop! I'll even work at the snack bar!
>
> Thanks,
> Joe King
> joe@pdxwheels.com
> _______________________________________________
> OBRA mailing list
> obra@list.obra.org
> http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
> Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org

------------------------------

Message: 26
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:44:48 +0000
From: ronfrerichs@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] Spin Gym???
To: "Joe King" , obra-bounces@list.obra.org, "obra"
, teamoregon@yahoogroups.com
Message-ID:


Content-Type: text/plain

Is there an indoor track still in the works for Portland? That would either be a good fit, or stiff competition pulling away would-be spinners.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe King

Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:32:24
To: obra;
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Spin Gym???

Okay, I've had this idea forever, but really don't have them means to
do anything with it. So maybe someone else can take the ball and run
with it.

Portland needs a real Spin Gym! With all the cyclists and all the
rain, we need somewhere to go.

A place where there's a bunch of spin bikes some tvs and that's about
it. Sure, there could be all sorts of the simulated racing machines
and whatnot, but really just a place to sit on a spin bike and watch a
blazers game would be solid gold. Maybe charge a monthly membership,
maybe by the visit, there's a bunch of ways it could be structured to
make $$$.

Last year I searched like crazy, and there isn't anywhere in town that
just has an area devoted to spin bikes, where you can just come in, on
your own time, and bang out some intervals.

If anyone knows of such a place or wants to start one, get me in the
loop! I'll even work at the snack bar!

Thanks,
Joe King
joe@pdxwheels.com
_______________________________________________
OBRA mailing list
obra@list.obra.org
http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org

------------------------------

Message: 27
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 11:49:52 -0700
From: "Russell @ Upper Echelon Fitness"

Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] Spin Gym???
To: Slate Olson
Cc: obra , Joe King ,
teamoregon@yahoogroups.com
Message-ID:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"

I think P.A.C.E. is as close as it gets: www.portlandpace.com

Lot's of excellent coach led work-outs for cyclists by professional coaches
(Tedder, BRIHOP, Upper Echelon, Ironheads, etc), and an excellent training
facility with rollers, trainers, SuperTrainer cycling treadmill, etc, and
also strength and conditioning facilities. Not necessarily open 24-7, but
pretty close. Email myself, Tedder, Abers, or any of the other coaches for
more info.

Commute over with your rain jacket and then do
your work-out, and ride home. Best option until someone builds the indoor
velodrome.

RC

Russell Cree, DPT
Upper Echelon Fitness, LLC
Coaching I Bike Fitting I Phys Testing I Physical Therapy
www.upperechelonfitness.com
Phone: 503.501.8121
Fax: 503.345.0999

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Slate Olson wrote:

> Not that inside with a Blazer game doesn't sound fabulous, but might I
> suggest a more interesting solution: http://www.rapha.cc/rain-jacket/
>
> Slate
>
> On Sep 30, 2009, at 11:32 AM, Joe King wrote:
>
> Okay, I've had this idea forever, but really don't have them means to
> do anything with it. So maybe someone else can take the ball and run
> with it.
>
> Portland needs a real Spin Gym! With all the cyclists and all the
> rain, we need somewhere to go.
>
> A place where there's a bunch of spin bikes some tvs and that's about
> it. Sure, there could be all sorts of the simulated racing machines
> and whatnot, but really just a place to sit on a spin bike and watch a
> blazers game would be solid gold. Maybe charge a monthly membership,
> maybe by the visit, there's a bunch of ways it could be structured to
> make $$$.
>
> Last year I searched like crazy, and there isn't anywhere in town that
> just has an area devoted to spin bikes, where you can just come in, on
> your own time, and bang out some intervals.
>
> If anyone knows of such a place or wants to start one, get me in the
> loop! I'll even work at the snack bar!
>
> Thanks,
> Joe King
> joe@pdxwheels.com
> _______________________________________________
> OBRA mailing list
> obra@list.obra.org
> http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
> Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org
>
>
> *
>
> Slate Olson*
> General Manager, North America
>
> R A P H A
> Performance Roadwear
> www.rapha.cc
> www.rapha.cc/continental
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
>
> slate.olson@rapha.cc
> T 503.206.3087
> M 503.703.4830
> F 503.206.3855
>
> 3811 N. Mississippi ? 2nd Floor
> Portland, OR 97227
> . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
>
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential and/or
> legally privileged information and is intended solely for the addressee.If
> it has been sent to you in error, please reply immediately to advise the
> sender of the error and then destroy the message, any copies of the message
> and any printout of the message. If you are not the intended recipient of
> the message, any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of the
> material in the message and any attachments to this message, is strictly
> forbidden.
>
> Rapha Racing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales Number
> 4849594; Reg Office: 28 Lynton Road, London NW6 6BL
>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> OBRA mailing list
> obra@list.obra.org
> http://list.obra.org/mailman/listinfo/obra
> Unsubscribe: obra-unsubscribe@list.obra.org
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:

------------------------------

Message: 28
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 18:50:12 +0000 (UTC)
From: sbohaboy@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [OBRA Chat] Spin Gym???
To: Joe King
Cc: obra , teamoregon@yahoogroups.com
Message-ID:


Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

I would say that portland needs an indoor velodrome, a under cover mountain bike park or a infusion of fenders.? Spin classes are ok, but nothing beats actual riding.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:

---