Selling my most recent CX bike purchase, to fund another upgraded build.
This bike is considered small for being a XXL, or 60cm frame. Mainly
noticeable in the shorter length of the headtube. I am ~193cm tall, just
under 6'4" and find the frame a tad too aggressive in positioning for me.
Seattube (ctc): 570mm
Seattube (ctt): 600mm
Old Link from WBW here:
- Frame: 2012 Mares AX Alloy with tapered headtube
- Fork: 2012 FOCUS Bull Dog CX Carbon with tapered steerer
- Wheelset: Concept SL Clincher (700c)
- Tires: Continental Cyclocross Race
- Drivetrain: Shimano 105
- Gearing: 46/36t chainrings; 11-28t cassette
- Shifters: Shimano 105
- Crankset: FSA sl-k
- Brakes: Shimano CX70 Cantilever
I have upgraded the cranks to the carbon FSA SL-K cranks in 175mm, along
with the brakes to CX70 from Shorty 4. Grey Arundel Bar tape.
I am willing to sell the frame-set separately ( frame/ fork/headset) for
I am willing to sell the shifting units ( Brifters/f.der/r.der) for
I am a mechanic and have serviced this bike myself since I purchased in new
in July. I have since ridden the bike on and off-road a total of 500miles.
I will be washing/cleaning the drivetrain in a solvent tank prior to sale,
and am available to meet in most Portland neighborhoods.
Keep the rubber side down.
R. E. Sherbak